In 2001 the local lift company, the Bergbahn GmbH, decided to build a new 8-man gondola. For this project, the bottom station had to be moved 40 m north and the questioned remained what to do with the 34-year old chair lift station. Eventually it got decided to transform it [...]
In March 2009 it is time for another change. After a period of contemplation and discussion we came to an agreement on March 25th, 2009. The project Penzinghof New was to begin, with the aims as follows: To create more space for our guests To secure harmony between traditional and [...]
In 1993 the Penzinghof was renovated and extended. A spacious entrance area including bar, reception and Schörgerstub’n, a bathing area with sauna, steam bath, massage room, mud bath and hay bath, and 13 more rooms with mountain view were added to the Penzinghof.
In 2005 finally the time had come for our parents to trust us with the management of the Penzinghof and on January 1st, 2005 we officially took over. We will work as hard as we can to enthrall all our guests with our excellent team. Thank you very much for [...]
In 1941 our grandfather got married to Anna Lindner (1922-2004) from the Huber farm in Oberndorf. Stefan (Steff) was known around town as the “vet” and Pinzgauer cattleman. After thorough consideration and with hope for good luck, they started building a restaurant. On New Year´s Eve 1969 the Penzinghof was inaugurated. [...]
In 1967 the Bergbahnen St. Johann and Oberndorf built a one-man chair lift, with the bottom station in the field of the Schörgerer farm. There was a great interest in the farm, but Stefan and Anna refused to give in to the offers made. During the first winter season of [...]